Judge: Jacob Reister • Reister Farms • Washougal, Washington
Reister Farms was established in 1957 in McMinnville, Oregon and is now a third generation farm located in Washougal, Washington. Since inception Reister Farms has been passionate about agriculture and that passion has been handed down through the generations; sheep have been our mainstay. Our primary focus for the past 50 years has been to produce top quality breeding stock. However, as the next generation of Reisters have returned to the farm after college, the farm expanded and adopted a new focus – direct marketing top quality, sustainably produced lamb.
Currently we farm 130 acres where we run 300 Corriedale and Columbia brood ewes. We believe in producing a product that not only tastes great, but is environmentally responsible and healthy for our customers to consume. We embrace humane animal husbandry practices and sustainable farming methods.
- Registered Navajo-Churro.
- Registered Shetland.
- Award: The Northwestern Shetland Sheep Breeders Trophy for the Best Young Breeders Flock of Shetland Sheep.
- Award: Romeldale/CVM Award for Best Romeldale in Show and Romeldale/CVM Fleece.
Sunday — Junior Sheep Show — See Livestock Rule 17
- Yearling Ram — less than 24 months old.
- Fall Ram Lamb — born September 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020.
- Spring Ram Lamb — born February 1, 2020 and later.
- Pair of Ram Lambs — bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 2 or 3.
- Yearling Ewe — less than 24 months old.
- Fall Ewe Lamb — born September 1, 2019 -January 31, 2020.
- Spring Ewe Lamb — born February 1, 2020 and later.
- Pair of Ewe Lambs — owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 6 or 7.
- Breeders Young Flock — 1 ram lamb, 2 ewe lambs bred and owned by exhibitor. Must have been shown in classes 2 and 5.
- Two-year old Ram not born before January 1, 2018 (showing two-year old teeth).
- Yearling Ram – less than 24 months (showing yearling teeth).
- Ram Lamb – born January 1, 2020 and later.
- Pair of Ram Lambs – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 12.
- Two-year old Ewe not born before January 1, 2018 (showing two-year old teeth).
- Yearling Ewe – less than 24 months (showing yearling teeth).
- Ewe Lamb – born January 1, 2020 and later.
- Pair of Ewe Lambs – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 16.
Classes for the following breeds only: Shetlands, Icelandics, Jacobs, Navajo-Churro and Gotlands. Please note birthdates.
BLACK SHEEP CUP
Best Young Flock of Show: Winners of each lot to compete. This is a perennial trophy donated by the Black Sheep Newsletter.
GLEN EIDMAN MEMORIAL TROPHY
Best Sheep of Show: Champions from each lot to compete. This is a perennial trophy in Glen’s memory donated by the Black Sheep Gathering organization.
Promote your farm and support the BSG by donating your lamb or goat for the 2020 Black Sheep Gathering Potluck.