ANGORA GOAT SHOW
Judge: Dr. Andy Laughlin • Lubbock, Texas
Dr. Andy Laughlin grew up in the rural town of Ingram, Texas located in the heart of the hill country. After receiving his bachelor's degree in animal science from Texas A & M Univerisity (TAMU), he served as an assistant county agent in Val Verde County. He then moved to San Angelo where he served as the assistant sheep and goat specialist for the state of Texas. After completion of his master's degree from Angelo State University, he moved to College Station to complete his PhD in the Physiology of Reproduction from TAMU. Andy grew up raising sheep and Angora goats He has extensive judging experience including the Kerrville, San Antonio and San Angelo Angora Goat Shows.
LOTS:P. Registered Angora Goats – must be registered with the American Angora Goat Breeder's Association or white goats registered with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
Q. 2018 Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association National Show: Natural Colored Angora Goats – must be registered or recorded with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
ANGORA GOAT CLASS:
- Junior Buck Kids – born February 15-April 1, 2018.
- Senior Buck Kids – born December 1, 2017-February 14, 2018.
- Pair Buck Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 1 and 2.
- Yearling Bucks – less than 24 months old. 4A. Yearling Bucks, Shorn Fleece and Comformation Class – less than 24 months old*.
- Aged Bucks – 2 years and older.
- Junior Doe Kids – born February 15-April 1, 2018.
- Senior Doe Kids – born December 1, 2016-February 14, 2018.
- Pair Doe Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 6 and 7.
- Yearling Does – less than 24 months old. 9A.Yearling Does, Shorn Fleece and Conformation Class – less than 24 months old*.
- Aged Does – 4 years and older.
- Breeders Young Flock – 1 buck kid, 2 doe kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must have been shown in classes 1 or 2 and 6 or 7.
- Best Fleece – judge's choice.
ANGORA GOAT CUP
A champion goat, colored or white, will be chosen for this award. This cup is a perennial trophy donated by the Black Sheep Newsletter.
*ATTENTION ANGORA GOAT BREEDERS
This year we will offer a special Fleece and Conformation Yearling Class: two entries per exhibitor, either sex, white or colored. These goats are in addition to yearlings entered in the regular show classes. The goats will first show in their respective yearling classes (in addtion to regular entries) and then be shorn. The goats and the fleeces will then be judged again. For many years we have wondered what body faults hide under a fleece and how fleece judging varies on and off the goat. This class will attempt to answer these questions.
Not everyone will be able to shear their own goats so we are looking for shearers ready to help.
Shearing will be $10 per goat; pay the shearer directly.